[Harp-L] Ashby Method

I have known excellent players and teachers who at one time or another
have  experienced homelessness.  I also have known quite a few skilled
musicians and teachers who have had emotional struggles and mental health
issues all their lives.  Substance abuse can also play a contributing part
in these issues.

None of these concerns prevents the individual from having useful skills
and knowledge to share, and none prevents excellent musicianship when the
person is not overwhelmed with their troubles.

I would rather make my determination on Harp-L posts based on the content,
credibility, and attitude presented by the posts, and not pay heed to
possible housing status,  mental health struggles, or substance abuse
issues except to wish those parties the best in overcoming their obstacles.

I have no idea of Neil Ashby's situation with regard to any of the above
issues.  I am just uncomfortable with labeling someone's possible status in
order to discount their information.  I would rather base my judgment on
the content and attitude of what I read and what I hear.

Doug S.