Re: [Harp-L] The Ashby Method for Overbending

> On Nov 2, 2014, at 5:04 PM, robert <harpbob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I challenge you to prove to us that this "method" works. Post a video of you demonstrating this "method" or at the least post a review by a player who is willing by name to go on record confirming that it does.

I wonder if we're being a tad rough on Neil? He's come up with something he believes works. And he has seemingly had some success. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone? That's okay. All teaching methods should be accompanied by the "your mileage may vary" disclaimer. :-) I once spent hours with Chris Michalek at a SPAH convention and faithfully tried his well known straw method. In despair he let me use his instruments. I still failed to produce an overblow. We joked about our respective failures all week. :-)

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com
t: #itsabobworld