[Harp-L] Update on Slim's Custom Case order

Another month has gone by so I am posting the November update to my ongoing wait for the construction and delivery of my custom harmonica case from Slim’s Custom Cases. For those of you who missed my other posts, here is the story:

Case ordered and paid for on February 6th, 2014. Case delivery estimated at 8-10 weeks at the time of order. I have received numerous excuses and obvious contradictions on the progress and expected delivery since then. At 7 months I was sent a photo of a group of bare wood cases and supposedly my case was one of them. At 8 months Slim sent me an email that may have given me a clue as to a delivery date. He said that he had recently delivered a case to a customer who had waited 12 months and he (the customer) was very happy! I’ll bet he was as he probably thought his money was lost by then.

My inference from that is that his delivery times are running approximately 1 year from order date, if you believe his story. This is quite different from the 60-day delivery quoted on his website. Good luck if you took up his offer in August for guaranteed Christmas delivery!

Personally, if it were me, I would put the complaining customer’s order on the bench, finish it up and get it out so that the public criticism would stop, but that does not seem to be his way. So, if you have a year or so to wait, in spite of a 60-day delivery promise, then go ahead and order a case from Slim. Who knows, maybe you will get a case.

I had requested a refund through PayPal a couple of months ago, but it was ignored by Slim. So, at the moment I have no case and my wallet is lighter by $300+. Also be aware that Paypal cannot pursue a claim against this vendor for two reasons: the case is a “custom” order, and you have to put in a claim within 45 days. He puts his delivery at 60 days so by the time you realize the case isn’t coming Paypal can’t do anything.

One last point - I have seen others post to defend Slim’s Custom Cases. I notice that his defenders are mostly people who received cases previous to 2014. I have not seen any positive posts from someone who ordered and received a case this year. I am in contact with several other customers and their negative experience has also been from this year.

Michael Zack