Re: [Harp-L] The Ashby Method for Overbending

Quite right Iceman, Joe asked Neil whether the 'Ashby Method' still applies if you play the harp upside down, but Neil doesn't seem to have answered that question

It's probably just me, but I can't really make sense of the Ashby method. The way overblowing was demonstrated to me, and the way I explain it to other people who can't do it yet, is to bend the 6 draw and then hold the exact same mouth and tongue position and blow 6.  Voila, overblow!

This works for me as a pucker player. Wouldn't have a clue if it works for TB. As far as I know no one has named this method after themselves or tried to copyright it

Mike