Re: [Harp-L] re: lurkers

I invite all lurkers to jump in and enjoy this wonderful forum.

My experience on Internet forums and email lists has been very successful.
I rarely see anything that looks like a poke, and I hope none of my posts
have sounded like one. (Religious and political forums excepted)

Thicker skin is probably a good idea. Also, gently kindly questioning off
list to the person you think you have received a Barb from.

Many times the writer will admit to having flown off the handle.

I think we are a micro-model for international diplomacy. (Whoops,
META ALERT).

One social skill is probably writing "I think" rather than an absolute "it
is."

I don't think there is necessarily a life span for an Internet group, even
with evidence of some closing.

Robert Hale
Mesa, Arizona

--