From: JON KIP <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, May 30, 2014 4:03 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] tenor madness

and, if you add toots' short version of "Laura" to the lesson, that's enough to
keep me busy for months.....

where does the time go? (rhetorical question, not a comment about the rhythm
section)

I mentioned this to someone else here, but I'll put it out now.... one good key
to getting comfortable with the upper parts of chords, is to use Mark Levine's
Piano Jazz book.... I'm not a piano player, but some of the ideas he has, have
started to open some harmonic doors for me, and I suspect that soon, I won't
even understand my own playing.... but some of the previously "strange" notes
are starting to sound Normal to me....

progress? or impending tone deafness?

I think that's another rhetorical question....

Isn't it?

On May 30, 2014, at 3:56 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Re: Toot s Thielemans plays "Tenor Madness" (Rob Paparozzi)

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that
everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of
sight in a drawer.