Re: [Harp-L] Toot s Thielemans plays "Tenor Madness"

Yeah, actually I think they are all playin’ a bit Busy……but I sure wish I could play a ‘lame’ solo like that!,-) I guess it was one of those TV shows where time was limited so they’re all showing off their “Bop Chops”…..

BTW…The Original Sonny Rollins version is in Bb….Toots is wise to choose G especially at this brisk tempo…..a cool way to do this is start in G then modulate up a minor third to Bb….but you need to take it a bit slower then Toots is coin’ it at least while your learning it…it also swings a lil’ better slower ala Rollins & Trane….

best,
Rob Paparozzi