Re: [Harp-L] Toot s Thielemans plays "Tenor Madness"

Hi Norman

Thanks for that link. It's an excellent example in how not to comp during a
solol! As is too often the case the pianist, van den Brink, shows that he
knows how to accompany himself but not others. Listen to how much he plays
with both his left and right hands during Toots solo versus how much his
left hand plays during his own solo. He rhythmically, melodically and
harmonically gives Toots no room to play. To me Toots looks very
unsatisfied after his solo. I was! It was a lame solo. Not because of Toots
but because of pianist whose ear seems to malfunction when others are
soloing.

Daniel