[Harp-L] Re: harmonica or accordion?

On May 24, 2014, at 12:35 PM, Mick Zaklan wrote:

>    I've always felt that if SPAH conventions ever got into deep financial trouble; that the solution might be a joint harmonica/accordion convention.

OR...a few other instruments. One of the problems at spah is 'backing'. Only a few evening performers have it. Luckily, there are always a few guitar players there.

>  Both seem to be related, reed and sound-wise.  It would certainly bring a whole new influx of people, money, ideas, and music into the mix.

It 'might' draw some accordion players. BUT, they already have their own fests.

> Personally, I'd love to walk around a hotel listening to harmonica and squeeze box virtuosos.

TELL me about it. :)

>   I'm sure the Hohner company would love it too, since they manufacture both instruments.

As does Seydel. And there are literally dozens of accordion manufacturers.