Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning; Chrom Tuning

Thanks; I often misspell names that are not found in the Bible. Next time it will be spelled "Brendan".

While someday there might be two "standards" ("Richter" for blues and "Richter+" for popular and classical music) the industry seems to be mostly behind the position of Steve Baker whose statement I have understood to indicate that at this time professionals should continue to re-tune from "Richter" by themselves instead of expecting another standard from the manufacturers; the Seydel option is also available for whomever can afford those prices.

Steve's position is quite reasonable because, as Steve wrote, re-tuning is quite simple for professionals; for "Richter" to "Richter+/Paddy" or "Richter" to "Country" the entire process might require 5 to 10 minutes; students without the tools and tuner can easily locate re-tuning services.

/Neil Ashby (" http://thebuskingproject.com/busker/2025/ ")