RE: [Harp-L] Positional Thinking

What about when there is a 6 minor chord in the song? Do you think of 6th position? Or a 2 or 2 minor? Well, 2nd position? or a 3 minor? 3rd position? or a b7th chord? This method seems a bit confusing to me. I guess it goes back to how we learn and develop habits and I certainly have had to retrain myself because I learned a bad habit. I don't mean to pass judgment on this thought process and say it is bad, I was referring to other bad habits that I have had to correct. As for me, if I'm playing in 2nd pos and the song calls for a 4 chord I just know where the root for the 4 is as well as the other notes for the triad or alterations of a 4 chord such as 4sus or 4 minor; where the notes are and/or if they are even available. Same goes for all chords. I know from practicing harmonizing the major scales where the chords and notes are. Same goes for 3rd or 1st positions and so on. Practicing arpeggios will get you there. I guess I just don't get it. However I am always open for anything useful.
Regards,
Buck