The Real Smokey Joe's post reminded me of that analogy.
Best regards,
Brian Boggs

" Sat, 17 May 2014 13:02:52 -0400
From: Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning; Chrom
    Tuning
To: JON KIP <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>

The way to understand a harmonica is to visualize an apartment building. Each and every note has an apartment. You are a mail man. Delivering the mail..so to speak. The FIRST thing a harmonica player should do is to find out where everyone (the notes) lives. Before you even TRY to play a tune. Once you have everyone's address and a picture in your mind of the musical chart and where said apartment fits on the manuscript paper, you are now ready to be called a REAL mail man. BeCAUSE, no matter WHAT the key, those resident notes will ALways live right there where you have them on your 'delivery' route.

smokey-joe"   The Real Smokey Joe