Re: [Harp-L] Info for "original" song for festival

On May 15, 2014, at 9:43 PM, Hal Iwan <haliwan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> under the opinion that grooves are safe or people cannot claim royalties for
> lets say a given melody or groove. Example: Big Boss Man groove or Mojo
> Workin' groove. These grooves now have different lyrics put to them. I have
> a completely different title to my lyrics.

Hal,

I'm no lawyer but the Blues has a long history of "borrowing" groves and other elements and combining them into something personal, and, therefore, original. Don't worry about about it. Record your song and submit it.

-Bob

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com