From: Daron Stinton <dstinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, May 16, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning
To: Music Cal <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx>

Daniel,

I have tried to post this on the list since yesterday, but it's not going
up, so I'm sending this to you off-list. Maybe you'd be so kind as to post
this on the list later?

Just to provide a little insight here, Suzuki has been offering our popular
Manji harmonicas in both country tuning and in harmonic minor tunings since
January of 2014. Natural minor Manjis are supposed to debut at SPAH later
this summer.

http://www.suzukimusic.com/harmonicas/m20/

FYI, we have sold a GRAND total of about 12 units of country tuning, and
even less of the harmonic minor. That's not the number of harmonica players
who bought them, either....it's the number that we have sold to our dealers.

So we make 'em.....and no one noticed or cared.

As my esteemed colleague Steve Baker said, the numbers just donât add up
for us manufacturers to make all these different tunings.

To answer your question, the only way that you and people of similar
interest can 'convince' us manufacturers to make altered tunings is to
start buying the ones we already have!

Thanks,

-Daron Stinton
SUZUKI Music USA
(800) 854-1594, ext. 44411
dstinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to see Hohner and Suzuki offer alternative tunings as well. So
how can I, and people of similar interest, convince Hohner and Suzuki to
offer alternative tunings and convince Seydel to expand their reed stock
for the Saxony so that I can get the tuning I want?