 From: Music Cal <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Steve <moorcot@xxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning

Steve

"Hoping they'll get all adventurous with new tunings is bit like asking for
moon."

Well Hohner did give us the CX12 and the new Discovery. And even though the
XB40 was a bust they did bring the innovation to the market (With all of
those reeds the XB40 didn't seem robust enough to me to become a stable
offering. Mind you I don't play the diatonic harp.)

The offering of alternative tunings would not require much from Hohner.
They already have all the reed stock they need. I know this because Michael
Timler (formerly of HarpOnLine) built and sold alternative tuned harps
without having to solder or scratch the reeds excessively.

But ... I am upset that they stopped offering the 260!

Daniel