Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning

I play steel guitar too, Richard, in several tunings. The difference is
that I can drop a six or eight string steel
from A6th to E13th in about fifteen seconds, and return it likewise, almost
always without breaking a string.
To change tunings on a harp is time consuming or expensive, often both; and
inconvenient
in that my local music store doesn't keep anything more exotic than a
Special 20 in Eb.
RD