Re: [Harp-L] History of harp tuning

I'd argue that the harmonica's popularity through it's existence can be
attributed to a fair extant
to the fact that you can hear a recording, go out and buy a stock harp
and imitate what you heard without to much bother.
Custom tunings amount to a Tower of Babel.
The harp will always have its base following as a simple 'folk' instrument,
despite the existence of virtuosos and professionals.
Dylan's playing (shudder!) probably resulted in far more harp sales than
just about anyone
else you care to mention.
I don't care what you do to it; it still sounds like a mouth organ!
RD