[Harp-L] recording harmonica

Hi:
In the process of recording a heavily electronic 5/4 bossa nova tune, I
found I lked everything but the harp. It sounded like an icepick in the ear
drum. I tried eq, tried everything. I was going to redo the track. Turns
out there was too much compression in the mastering chain.

I'm finding the less I processing I do to the music, the better I like it.

I'm away from my usual mic and amp, so I'm playing direct into the
computer, using a Shure SM57, an ART USB preamp and Reaper for a DAW.

  Jimmy
If I knew the way, I would take you home.