[Harp-L] Paul Butterfield (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame)

I wanted to spread the word and I hope some here will help….

The importance of this Band in the Music World was tantamount to or even greater than the british invasion, They brought the BLUES to the forefront to live audiences like The Fillmore and Woodstock and then forged the Blues into newer genres and fusions……it’s high time they were inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So please pass this video along and help spread the word for a 2015 induction…..

This song was just a simple Jam that was previously unreleased from the LIVE Troubadour sessions in 1970 produced by Todd Rundgren. Listen to how Butterfield as a bandleader turns this simple “riff oriented tune" by the sax player into the coolest funkiest “Groove” jam…..not to mention some of Paul’s finest phrasing and improvising. This tune should be included in any Blues 101 masterclass for analysis of Improv, Groove and Tone….

The song was found in the tape box when the reissue set was being put together, it was labeled wrong, “Born under a Bad Sign”…(Butter historian and harp player/Mic collector) Tom Ellis III after interviewing so many in the band found that it was actually The Sax Players song (Gene Dinwiddie). Thus, on the newer double CD release was titled appropriately titled “Gene’s Tune”…….hope you enjoy my little montage and my posting this song……

If you agree…please vote to induct The Paul Butterfield Blues Band next year into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame…..Thanks….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKTOYAc7RD4

all the best,
Rob Paparozzi