Re: [Harp-L] into computer

Another inexpensive alternative, free, in this case, is Adobe Audition 3.0, which you can download for free from the Adobe site. It's an older version but it has more features than most people need for home recording. It's a descendent of Cool Edit, which Adobe bought several years ago. I've made a lot of multitrack recordings using a 4 input mixer although 3 of the channels were useless to me since I was recording one track at a time. <g> Since I bought that mixer a lot of inexpensive mixers and condensor mics with USB outputs have come on the market. Considering what a decent reel to reel tape recorder cost when tape was the only option for home recording and 2 channels were the practical limit for what most people could afford, computers are amazing.