[Harp-L] Hardwood Harmonicas

Can anyone tell me anything about this company? When were they in business? Who owned it? What were the different model harps they produced? The reason I ask is because I have two with the Hardwood name impressed into the cover plate. Each uses Lee Oskar reed plates. They seem to be of nice quality and I really like them. Recently, I picked another one, but this is slightly different. The shape and size is the same as the others, but nothing is interchangeable. It uses a SP20 reedplate, and the whole thing is not as finely made. It's almost like a prototype. Could it be that, or just an early model?

Thanks for your help.
Paul N.