[Harp-L] bossa nova

Hi all,

I found a really nice minor key chord sequence which I transposed to A
minor and set to a bossa nova beat (are you allowed to play a minor key
bossa nova?).

The bossa nova beat would have to be in 5/4. Fast too, 144 bpm

I tried hard for hours to play the clave beat which went:

1*3**6*8*10. Couldn't do it. I could actually, after some time, with the
metronome, play in time, but just hitting the quarter notes sounded
terrible--syncopation being the key.So I figured I would just play it as a
slow minor key blues, just changing notes on the 1, sometimes holding a
note for several measures. That seemed to work.

Nothing quite so much fun as working on a tune for days, knowing no one
will ever hear it.

 Jim
âmyâ

If I knew the way, I would take you home.