Fwd: [Harp-L] playing but not hearing

I sat in with Humble Pie in Flint Mi. and Jerry Shirley was the only original member at this time. Anyways we started with 30 days in the whole and could not hear myself think, the Guitars and band was so loud. Friens of coarse in the Audience stated how they could hear it quite well.

----- Original Message -----

From: "The Iceman" <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
To: mikerockin@xxxxxxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 2:04:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] playing but not hearing

too loud guitars on stage is not uncommon...and also, IMO, there is really no reason for this, but try to convince a guitar player.

I will avoid situations like this, but have found myself sittin' in and unable to hear myself. Therefore, I rely on my instincts and inner ear to guide me, but won't spend a set on stage...maybe a few tunes.

The best bands have a reasonable stage volume in which all members can hear everything that is going on. Otherwise, how is one to know what and where to play??