[Harp-L] just for chrom repair people and owners of hohner deluxe 270

for those interested ,  hohner used to have five bolts stopping the reed plates from falling off the comb, then they moved to seven. I, and Dick Gardner, figured that they were overkill, in that the cover plates also serve to hold it all together with no loss of air.

I think we were wrong.

I just added the extra two bolts to a "not so great" deluxe 270 harmonica, and it became decidedly less "not so great".....

the instructions for retrofitting regular 270's with bolts  are on my site, a bit hidden, since I didn't know where to get permission to copy  the old harponline instructions for replacing nails with bolts, but the instructions are just fine for doing what I just did.....it seems to make a pretty significant difference.

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.