Re: [Harp-L] gold cover plates on Hohner Golden Melody (was Question about harps played by Bobby Darin)

There was also a Navy Band model that had gold cover plates similar to the
GM. I bought mine in the early 70's, but it was old stock at a music store.
So, I'm not sure of the years it was produced, but it is listed in an
(undated) old Hohner catalog I have where it cost $3.50 and Marine Bands
are $2.50.

Its comb is darker than present day GM's, more like plum or maroon. I just
played around a little bit with the one I have: It does not seem to be in
Equal Tempered tuning--the chords sound smooth.

Here are some pix:

http://tinyurl.com/mo8ospp

Eric