[Harp-L] questions about kalamazoo model 1 and 2

The baffle is made of particle board, as is the amp cabinet. I have
purchased 2 Kalamazoo that had broken up baffles. It is my belief that
the cross bar design was an effort to keep the particle board from
breaking under the weight of the speaker with its' Alnico magnet. I
would not cut the support out of the particle board.

I make a pine replacement cabinet and sell it on eBay. The baffle is
made of birch plywood. You can remove the baffle, trace it on plywood,
then cut the full circle, or if uncomfortable doing that, email me
about a replacement. That said, most recommend placing a mic "off
center" of the speaker anyway. Try that first and if unhappy with the
result, proceed to replace the baffle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121259675318&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Dave