Subject: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Question about harps played by Bobby Darin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6cSepmXXE

I hope this is the right clip (my computer isn't functioning all that
well)...another vid of Bobby Darin singing (and playing some harp) on 'Got my
Mojo Working'. There's another fun treat in this clip too. Honestly, I'd
never  seen this side of him at all despite liking the guy a LOT...so this is
quite a  revelation for me and I sure appreciate your bringing the other clips
to the  List, Eliza :)

I've now watched him play guitar while singing 'Bridge Over Troubled
Water', and piano and harp here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMqpNdBzsM

I'd NO idea how much of a multi-instrumentalist he was. There's a video
interview on YouTube with his son (Dodd Darin) by Sandra Dee and his former
manager who discuss the fact that during all of these shows he had Oxygen
tanks  waiting offstage because his heart was failing during the last couple
years  of his life--and he knew he was on borrowed time--originally not
expected to  live past the age of 16.

He put on a great show and no one in the audience knew just how damaged his
 heart was (from rheumatic fever as a small boy). The ultimate definition
of  'trouper'.

Elizabeth