Re: [Harp-L] First Time Performing Amplified

I have a note on open stages that can be a problem. It doesn't happen
often, but it does happen on occasion.

Usually the PA has the main speakers at the front of the stage to project
out to the audience. Sometimes, however, the mains sit at the back of the
stage (flanking the drummer) to leave room for the other players at the
front. This can be a real pain if your mic picks-up it your amplified
playing projected from the main PA speakers and creates a feedback loop.

My own solution is a Kinder AFB box which kills feedback in any situation I
have ever encountered (PA systems or amplifiers). Assuming you don"t have
some kind of feedback killer like the AFB, you can try having your EQ
adjusted through the PA (especially treble), re-positioning yourself to
another area of the stage less prone to feedback, or just cup the mic when
playing and cover it when you are not. Then again you could just tell the
other players to turn down......like THAT could ever happen LOL.