To: "j r" <jr_parker_jr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "harp-l@harp-l org" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] First Time Performing Amplified

All depends on if you need a special sound. I've been to open mic gigs and
just used the mic provided. Most vocals mics do fine. Others bring a bullet
mic and an amp.
On Mar 26, 2014 5:41 PM, "j r" <jr_parker_jr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I will be playing harmonica at an open mic night with my bandmate
(guitar/vocals.) I contacted the venue and they don't seem to know much
about setting up for harmonicas. My biggest concern is that the audience
can hear me play. I assume when I get there the sound guy will know what's
what, but what do I need to bring with me to make sure it runs smoothly?
Should I get my own harmonica mic? Anything else? This is our first
performance and I don't want it to fall apart before it starts. Thanks for
any advice.

(This is my first time posting here, so I'll introduce myself.  Born and
raised Minnesota, 2/12 years playing harmonica by myself and in jam
sessions.  Still trying to figure out my own style.)

-JR