Re: [Harp-L] Naiditch

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the compliments and it was great meeting you years ago at SPAH.  I should point out that on Harp-L, much that is offered as bluegrass is better categorized as old-timey or country.  Although I prefer the chromatic for most bluegrass (also western swing, and Texas style fiddle playing), I prefer diatonic for old-timey and a lot of country music.  Most of my non-Gypsy jazz recordings provide examples of bluegrass, but for old-timey there are fine diatonic players such as David Rice, Mark Graham, and SPAH’s own Paul Davis.  There are many country harmonica players such as Charlie McCoy and Mike Caldwell, and on chromatic, Jimmy Riddle.  Of course these players sometimes play other styles, but these genres seem to be their emphasis.  As an aside, I love attending the Wintergrass music festival where all these types of music can be heard at jams or on stage.