Re: [Harp-L] Re: www.modernbluesharmonica.com down?

On Tuesday 25 March 2014 21:09:19 Peter Karp wrote:
> I finally could resolve the problems. MBH was (and still is) not
> listed in the DNS of my provider. So a ping did not work because
> the web address could not be resolved. Setting the DNS server to
> another one like OpenDNS or the Google DNS cured the problem. So if
> someone else might have problems to access MBH this could be the
> problem...

another way to solve the problem may be to edit your local hosts file.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_%28file%29

That way you can use your provider's DNS server and resolve MBH
locally, however this is hardcoded of course and you will have to
update it once the IP changes. Also i don't know if your operatin
system's security policies or installed firewalls might disallow local
resolving of external adresses, you'd have to try.

BTW, which is your ISP - i'm just curious ;)

--
GruÃ,Frank