Subject: [Harp-L] Introducing myself

Hi Eliza, I'm Elizabeth and I post on Harp-l too. Welcome! It's fun when
people from other Countries far afield join up to give their input.

I'm a Brit, formerly from Scotland but long since become a New Yorker, so
find your 'Eliza Doolittle' handle quite intriguing. :)

As far as responding to 'old' threads...what I'd suggest is copying and
pasting the post you're referencing - or at least the pertinent part of it,
making sure you include the poster's name and email addy...and in the subject
 line making sure the List knows it's an 'old' topic perhaps? That way you
aren't causing any confusion with a current thread especially if the people
who  initially posted are no longer members of the List.

Certain types of threads are often picked up and repeated--so I don't see
any difficulty with responding to an old post--depending on just how far
back it  goes--or how controversial it might have been at the time. There is
always THAT possibility, of course. ;) You might wish to scan back and  forth
around the post you're looking at--reading the responses if any, to  make
sure the Listowner didn't shut down the thread first.

You'll find that Winslow is a great source of information and always
helpful--even outside his role as author of Harmonicas for Dummies and President
of SPAH. He was the very first person to answer MY first 'dumb' question
here--almost 10 years ago. Of course there are other very  knowledgeable
people too, but I'll never forget his taking the time to help  me.

Best,

Elizabeth