[Harp-L] Re: 270 Brass Comb?

The metal 270 combs are drilled and tapped to allow the top and bottom plate to be removed individually. All screws are also supplied with the comb. You'll have to drill out the nail holes in the reed plates to allow for the screws, but since the holes are located using a set of reed plates there should be very little if any sanding needed on the front of the comb. I drill out the nail holes with a 7/64" drill bit when I install them. This allows enough room around the screws to allow the plate to be positioned without the screws forcing the plate in any direction. If you have any questions about them please feel free to email me.

I guess I should say that all chromatic combs that don't come from the factory assembled with screws have brass inserts for both the top and bottom reed plates. If they are like the 270 Deluxe, or the Seydel Chromatic Deluxe then they are made to be assembled using the factory hardware.

Chris Reynolds

Owner - BlowYourBrassOff.com - Maker of fine custom harmonicas
http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com