[Harp-L] Sp. 20 / Rocket (was Marine Band)

Mike wrote:
The Special 20 ...redo or House Custom called the " Rocket " was a surprise

Steve comments:
In various forums the new Hohner Rocket has been described as a Special 20 upgrade, in a similar sense to how the MB Deluxe or Crossover are MB 1896 upgrades. In my opinion this is misleading, as the sound and playing feel of Sp.20 and Rocket are quite different from one another. Combined with the new design features of the Rocket, this makes it a very different instrument to the Special 20. As I've observed before, I see it as a rock&roll harmonica with a louder, brighter sound.

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de