 From: Jim Fitting <jfitting@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tom cox <tcslim@xxxxxxxxxxx>; harp el List <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:43 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Marine band

I still prefer Marine Bands after all these years. Partly because I am used to them I suppose, but mostly because they sound great and they can take it when I play hard (which I do a lot). I've found that I tend to blow out the crossover and custom harps pretty fast. So for me the Marine Band works great. They don't seem to swell up as much as they used to. Steve Baker mentioned them being sealed with a single layer of lacquer which might explain that.  Anyway count me in the standard M B 1896 camp.
Jim Fitting