[Harp-L] Re: Standard Marine Band

Tom asked:
I'm wondering people's experience views on standard marine bands these days. My concern or query is do the combs still swell like they used to? I tend to buy deluxe these days. But need to consider a cheaper option at the moment.

Steve responds:
The combs of the standard MB 1896 are now sealed by a single layer of laquer. In contrast, MB Deluxe or Crossover combs are triple sealed. However, even this single laquering has considerably improved improved both performance and water resistance, the harps are louder and the combs are much less prone to swelling. The standard MB is a great harp and represents good value.

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de