Re: [Harp-L] Your favorite harp mic?

My "favorite"mic (ie: most often used) is a blue Shure CR41 with black
label CR element in it purchased from Tom Ellis. I bought it about 10 years
ago and have played it at hundreds of gigs. It sounds awesome, has never,
ever failed me, so it is my "go to" mic.

However, I have to say that in my opinion no single one of my mics is the
"best".
I have a lot of amps, and have played through many many others.  I spend a
lot of time figuring out which mic works best for each amp. While I love a
Shure Spere O Dyne for my SJ410, I prefer an Astatic JT30 with a crystal
element for my 1964 Fender Deluxe blackface. For a cleaner, more defined
tone that still has a little grit I use an SM57 though a 1962 Fender
Princeton. When I play an "amp-less" rig (A Kinder AFB pedal into a Lone
Wolf Harp Attack pedal, into a PA), I like the aforementioned CR41.I guess
what I am saying here is to consider how the mic's particular sound works
with a particular amp, PA, etc.

Lastly, I have to hop onto the Greg Hueman bandwagon. IMHO he has an
impeccable reputation. He is a first-class craftsman and has a solid
business ethic, I have owned one of his Ultimate 57s and have had him
outfit mods on mics I have sent to him. His shop is all pro and his work is
top shelf.