Re: [Harp-L] Madcat's pedalboard

Hey Tony-

I’m glad you enjoyed my video.

You wrote:
> - All the low frequencies have been eliminated via the graphic. No surprises I guess, but many setups would leave these frequencies in. Madcat obviously feels better off without them.

For those lowest frequencies, moving the first three sliders up or down made no difference to the sound because the harp wasn’t producing frequencies that low.  If the first three sliders were all the way up it would still sound the same.  But they are down to eliminate any unexpected “boominess".

> - Just a touch of grit via the Boss pedal. A good choice again, many of us would be tempted to use more than needed.

I usually have even less gain dialed in than the setting shown in the video.  The level control changes the overall volume without affecting the tone.

> - I'm wondering how much use the octave box gets.

I only use the octave box some of the time. But sometimes when I’m playing a higher key harp I will dial in just a tiny bit of the lower octave to give the sound some extra body, and when I’m using a lower key harp I will dial in just a tiny bit of the higher octave to give the sound some sparkle.  And then on rare occasions I’ll go wild with the octave pedal for some way over-the-top electronic craziness.

Also, the delay is only used part of the time.  Mostly on slower tunes.  On faster tunes it just clutters up the sound.

Peace & Joy,

Peter Madcat Ruth
Musician - Grammy Award Winner
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx