Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicing in Germany

Hi

On Sunday 02 March 2014 13:27:14 The Iceman wrote:
> You may have learned Hochdeutsch ("high" German, or proper German)
> at the university, but understand that southern region of Germany,
> the language has a "Southern Accent" (not unlike here in the US in
> the south). Some of the words will sound pretty weird to you.
>

> Interesting enough, when I traveled to Trossingen, which is even
> further south, and even though I spoke fluent German, their
> southern accent was so extreme that I literally could not
> understand it.

In that part of Germany where Trossingen is located you can find a lot
of high tech mechanical engineering companies. If you ever heard of
high quality german machinery products - thats the homeland of that
reputation. However they say about themselves "We can do everything,
Except speaking proper german" ;)

--
GruÃ,Frank