Re: [Harp-L] explain positions to beginner

On Jun 26, 2014, at 4:14 PM, Tony Stephens <tnysteph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where do you find this modes or scales on the internet? What would you search for?
> Thanks

You may or may not find this information for the harmonica. But this exists for many other instruments. The Rubank Method books are great. I stole my daughter's Sax method books, although I don't transpose from Bb to C, which I'm pretty sure works okay. If you're a jazz cat, you might check out Jamey Abersold's fine series. He discusses this and many other subjects.http://www.jazzbooks.com/.

-Bob

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com