Re: [Harp-L] Vernacular of Harmonica

Neil,
On a C harp:
The Mixolydian mode can start on any note.  The G Miolydian scale can start
on any G.  The cross harp root is any G.  The dorian mode can start on any
note.  The D Dorian mode can start on any D and third position's root is
any D.  I have never heard the term draw harp to represent third position.
People tried to make slant harp it's nickname, but it went by the wayside.
Michael Rubin
michaelrubinharmonica.com