Re: [Harp-L] "Take the A Train" Question

Hi Bob,

Have you heard anyone who plays it smoothly and accurately up to tempo on a solo tuned C chromatic? I've heard plenty of people play it, but you can usually hear them struggling, which sounds bad.

It's really hard on our instrument. If I had a good reason to play it (and I don't, so I haven't put in the time), I'd probably just skip the high E on the fast run in bar 6 (could just repeat the C before it). The rest of the head shouldn't cause you any problems (at least not with enough practice).

Also, as for corner switching, unless you're really great at it it may be tripping you up more than it helps. Except for one high E in bar 6, you shouldn't need it.

Just my 2 cents....

- Slim.