Re: [Harp-L] Pedal for Second line

aswengin@xxxxxxx wrote:
<We are starting to put in some Zydeco 2nd line material.
<What pedal is best to replicate a squeeze box on harp.
<Thanks in advance for your advice.

The FX that work best in emulating a squeeze box on harp include a pitch shifter and a detune effect.  The former lets you add octaves to the sound, the latter lets you add a voice that's detuned (lowered or raised) by anywhere from 1 to 99 cents, which gives you the "beating" sound that you hear in some squeezeboxes when two nearly-identically-tuned reeds sound simultaneously.

Both the FX are available in a Digitech RP, and my patch sets include detuned patches.  Almost any multiFX device will contain both of these FX, and some (like the Zoom G3 or the Line6 M-whatever) will let you use both at once, which would be very cool for squeezebox-y stuff.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick