 From: Harmonicology [Neil Ashby] <harmonicology@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:36 AM
Subject: Re: When Johnny Comes Marching Home

That is correct; I caught that (minor issue) while thinking last night about transpositions (and adjusted the attached quoted message).

Next step: Why not then Chromatically Transpose from C-minor upward by 2 semi-tones? Would that be the C-Major Dorian Mode?

C-Minor (Chromatically Transposed):

CÂ GÂ CÂ CÂ CÂ DÂ Eb[D#]Â DÂ Eb[D#], C Bb[A#] Bb[A#], G Bb[A#] Bb[A#].

C-Major (Dorian Mode?):

D  A  D  D  D  E  F E  F,  D C C,  A C C.

How would that change the "character" of the tune? Same pattern of intervals should have exactly the same character.

/Neil (" http://thebuskingproject.com/busker/2025/ ")