[Harp-L] Re: Time Required to Study the Musical Instrument

actually, I typed too soon...

NO, to 'get a sound" on  piano, sure... but to actually PLAY the thing at a professional level, takes decades....

harmonica is very simple to learn the basics (including at least six of the apparently twelve approved blues licks)

that's why so many people have one, or more.

sorry for the first response, it was without thinking, the words just fit nicely

jk

On Jun 9, 2014, at 9:00 AM, Harmonicology [Neil Ashby] wrote:

> (Jon Kip:)
>
> I believe that the keyboards are much faster to learn than the other instruments or the harmonica.

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.