Re: [Harp-L] no standards of harmonica accomplishment

Hi Bill in DC,

I think the same pool of people that can discern between intermediate and really good guitar players can discern between intermediate an really good harmonica players.
However this pool represents a very small minority of the world population.  After a certain point, most listeners don't have a clue as to a performer's degree of development on an instrument regardless of the instrument.
If folks like Howard Levy, Toots and Fred Yonnet(since your in DC) haven't established a "standard of accomplishment" I don't know whoever will.  However, it will never be "generally understood".

Jordan in Baltimore

Jordan Feldman
443-721-0788
Jfeldman@xxxxxxxxx