[Harp-L] transpose!?? or TRANSCRIBE! ?

I think the program is called Transcribe!

and it does lots of great things.... I just discovered it also accepts video files, like mp4, and plays them, and you can suck the audio out....

it also is great for lots of things, and I remember testing the SlowDowner against it and SlowDowner lost by a mile (or kilometer, for those into expressing their European side)

It helps figure out chords being heard

It makes toast and coffee in the morning, cleans up the mess, and sets the table for lunch as well.

I also has a "win an argument with your wife" button, but that seems to not work as well as the other functions.

It's one of the essential programs, along with iRealPro, iGigBook, Logic and that all-important "Delete Browsing History" button we have on our browsers.

Note, as do the documentation pages, that Transcribe! makes a non-sound file, that depends upon the original file being in the same place.... I recommend gorilla glue for that job.

there are also scripts that will, for instance, play a given number of times, and then speed up for a defined number of repeats, and rinse, and repeat....

On Jun 7, 2014, at 7:24 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I don't know if anyone has heard of Transpose! or not but I thought I'd just mention it. It's a cool little program that will allow you to slow down a piece of music without changing the pitch. I'm in no way affiliated with them but I have been finding it useful and thought I'd share.
>

> Chris Reynolds

jon kip
http://jonkip.com

player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle except my nephew's has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.