Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Blues vs classical

The glass harmonica resembles the 'free reed' harmonica in name only.
It was an instrument producing sound from the vibration of a bowing action
on glass,
like running your finger around the rim of a wineglass.
With plastic combs, there is no need to soak the harp in water;
a bad idea even with a wood comb.
Better to just play the thing regularly, to keep some moisture
in the comb.
RD