[Harp-L] Re: Hohner Rocket video

I have tried quite a few different harps over the years, Hohners, Seydels, and Suzukis, both cheaper models and high end. My favorite until recently was the Suzuki Manji. I have pretty good luck with them holding up to my basically abusive technique. I have had older bluegrass players say "I never bend notes like that, it ruins the harmonica". That's a hoot to a blues player, I'd rather buy new harps when necessary. I recently decided to spring for a Hohner Rocket to see how I liked it and if they hold up, the price is similar the the Manji. After the first gig I bought a second one 'cause IMHO they are loud, brassy and "honk like a goose". I like everything about them playing and sound wise, but I haven't used one long enough to know about the longevity. I still like my Manjis and don't feel a need to replace them ASAP, but I'm hoping to hear that Hohner is selling reed plates soon because I can get Manji plates for about half the price of a new harp.
Lare Sattler    The Little Chicago Band    Canton, Ohio