Re: [Harp-L] Re: Identifying woods...

Ok, then it must be wild pear. Like what we call sickle pear. Not like the eating pears we had in our yard. Thanks for the info. Steaming makes sense as it would puff up the fibers and allow the mills to cut more cleanly. At least it seemed to be that way when I fit pieces to a boat by steaming them. I love it when I learn new stuff. Thanks Rick..mystery solved. :)

smo-joe